Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Configurator 2 and VPP - [ConfigurationUtilityKit.vpp.error – 0x2583 (9603)]

Temporarily Unavailable [ConfigurationUtilityKit.vpp.error – 0x2583 (9603)]

I've been getting this error suddenly in the last two days. I try rebooting my Mac, signing out/in of the VPP store account, connecting 7/5/3/1 iPads at a time... Sometimes I get the error as soon as I log back in to my VPP account in AC2, sometimes it's right after starting to add a batch of apps.

Nothing has changed with my VPP account. I had a workaround that was slowly letting me push out these iPads despite all of the AC2 bugs, but apparently that's not going to work anymore.

Anyone else seeing this?

Posted on Mar 11, 2016 7:02 AM

10 replies

Mar 11, 2016 9:35 AM in response to APL_Anderson

Just got off the phone with Apple Support. We went up and down troubleshooting. In the end, the issue is with AC2 connecting with the VPP server. This is a known issue to Apple and they are working on it. The work around that is currently working for me is:

1. Connect as many devices as you can
  2. Connect to AC2
  3. Remove any apps that are in need of reinstall/are having issues
  4. Load any profiles through a separate blueprint (removing the app install in this blueprint)
  5. Install apps one by one (I have been able to sneak two in at a time)
  6. Keep testing until you see the error, then back it back down.

Blessings on your effort, Anderson. It's not a fun task.

Mar 11, 2016 11:29 AM in response to PCSSteve

Thanks for sharing. I've spent so many hours on the phone with Enterprise support about AC2 over the past few months that I didn't have it in me today.

I have to wait to add my profile until after I've added the apps due to restrictions on the profile. I've already tried adding apps manually, one by one, after a restore. I usually don't make it past one app successfully. Imagine the frustration when you have 49 apps to add to 10 iPads. 😠

Mar 11, 2016 12:44 PM in response to APL_Anderson

That is extremely frustrating.

Could the profile be tooled to allow for app loading under supervision mode while connected to AC2?

I am curious what the setting would be for as I had a similar issue? I was able to replace an old AC1 profile with a similar AC2 one and found that apps were still locked down, could not be deleted on the iPads themselves but could be added/deleted through AC2 on my Mac.

Configurator 2 and VPP - [ConfigurationUtilityKit.vpp.error – 0x2583 (9603)]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.