Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My macbook does not detect dell wireless mouse

I have macbook air. I tried to connect my macbook to my Dell wireless mouse. But My macbook could not detect the mouse

MacBook Air, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Mar 11, 2016 10:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2016 10:30 PM

Without a model number, we can't rule out that the particular mouse is incompatible with OS X, especially if it is old.

OS X pair with a lot of bluetooth devices automatically, but some need to be put in pairing mode. You'll have to find the model of the Dell mouse and see if this is its case.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2016 10:30 PM in response to Rugayyah@56

Without a model number, we can't rule out that the particular mouse is incompatible with OS X, especially if it is old.

OS X pair with a lot of bluetooth devices automatically, but some need to be put in pairing mode. You'll have to find the model of the Dell mouse and see if this is its case.

Mar 15, 2016 12:06 AM in response to Rugayyah@56

Three or four is the practical limit according to Using a Bluetooth mouse, keyboard, or trackpad with your Mac - Apple Support Seven is the absolute maximum. But there are other limitations. For example, you can only connect devices of the same class one at a time. Mouse falls into this limitation as does Bluetooth speakers. One at a time for these items.

My macbook does not detect dell wireless mouse

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.