Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to know if my watch is charging

hi, I got my new iwatch sport today and it was out of charge(or that's what I think anyway)

a weird symbol of the charger with a lighting bolt apperad and when i put the charger on the lighting bot turns green.

does this means its completely out of charge or something else? Please help.

Apple Watch, watchOS 2.1

Posted on Mar 12, 2016 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2016 12:29 PM

Hi

The charging symbols that you are referring to indicate that your battery is starting from a point of very low battery level:

User uploaded file

When you see the green lightning symbol after placing your watch on the charger, this means that your watch has started charging. It is normal for the screen of your watch to sleep after a few moments - charging still continues.

Leave your watch on the charger for at least 3 hours (it may help to leave your watch charging overnight). The watch should start automatically when the battery has reached a sufficiently high level. You can tap the screen at any time to check the charging status.

More information:

Get help charging your Apple Watch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2016 12:29 PM in response to richpfc10

Hi

The charging symbols that you are referring to indicate that your battery is starting from a point of very low battery level:

User uploaded file

When you see the green lightning symbol after placing your watch on the charger, this means that your watch has started charging. It is normal for the screen of your watch to sleep after a few moments - charging still continues.

Leave your watch on the charger for at least 3 hours (it may help to leave your watch charging overnight). The watch should start automatically when the battery has reached a sufficiently high level. You can tap the screen at any time to check the charging status.

More information:

Get help charging your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Mar 12, 2016 11:58 AM in response to richpfc10

Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch

Check your battery at a glance and learn how to charge your Apple Watch.

User uploaded file

Check your battery charge

1. Swipe up on the watch face to open Glances.
  2. Swipe left or right to find the Glance that shows your remaining charge. If you turned off the Battery Glance, you can turn it on again. Open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap Glances > Battery.

On some watch faces, you can add a complication to show the current battery charge. On your iPhone, you can view your watch's battery charge in Notification Center. Just swipe down from the top of the screen.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Charge your Apple Watch

If your battery power is low, you'll see User uploaded file on the screen of your Apple Watch. To charge your Apple Watch:

1. Plug the Apple Magnetic Charging Cable into its USB Power Adapter.
  2. Plug the adapter into a power outlet. You can also plug the charging cable into a USB port.
  3. Position the back of your Apple Watch on the charger. The charger's magnets align your Apple Watch, and you'll see a charging symbol on the watch face. If you have an Apple Watch Edition, you can also set your device in its Apple Watch Magnetic Charging Case with the lid open.
  4. Give your Apple Watch time to charge. While your device is charging, you'll see User uploaded file on the screen of your Apple Watch.

Get help if your Apple Watch won't charge. Learn how to handle your Apple Watch and accessories safely, and always take off your watch before charging it.

Mar 12, 2016 10:52 PM in response to richpfc10

Hey,

James here

If the watch is sitting on the charger correctly, and the charger is plugged into the wall and power brick, then the watch will be charging.

You can slide up from the watch face and view charging status in the glances.

The watch will also display a green lightning bolt at the top of the display to let you know its charging.

Enjoy that new apple watch mate!

James

how to know if my watch is charging

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.