Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I recently bought an Apple iMac G4 computer without installed OS. I think that I need to install Tiger OS 10.4 to make it work. I haven't been able to figure how to open the cd-rom drawer. Can anybody advise on how to do this and the installation? Th

I recently purchased a G4 with processor 80014HZ and 768 mb. Although the computer starts up ok, there is no OS installed. After checking I have come to the conclusion that I need to install Tiger OS 10.4. The problem is that I haven't figured out how to do this seeing that I don't know how to open the cd-rom drawer. Can somebody advise me on this? Thanks in advance.

Power PC G4-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.4)

Posted on Mar 13, 2016 5:31 AM

1 reply

I recently bought an Apple iMac G4 computer without installed OS. I think that I need to install Tiger OS 10.4 to make it work. I haven't been able to figure how to open the cd-rom drawer. Can anybody advise on how to do this and the installation? Th

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.