Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

kaychain lost passwords (Passwords not saved)

I've been using Keychain since it's inception without issues. In the last few weeks I've seen keychain forget dozens of my passwords - the info/detail remains the same (name, kind, where) but the "Name" and "Account" field changes. For the Name, these words are added (Passwords not saved). For instance, my login password for my website host changed from "Arnolfodesign.com" to "Arnolfodesign.com (Passwords not saved)" And the "Account:" field reads "Passwords not saved". I tried the keychain repair but this did not retrieve the originals. I do have Time Machine, but It could not access the Library Keychain file. So, I've had to manually reset dozens of passwords.

Back in January I used DiskWarrior to rebuild the directory. That morning, my iMac had crashed and could not be started. So I used the newest version of DiskWarrior to repair a damaged directory. I imagine the Keychain issue was the result of rebuilding the directory, however has anyone in this Mac Community ever had their Keychain exhibit these conditions? I am concerned I may have a bug of some kind?

Thanks,

a

Posted on Mar 13, 2016 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2016 1:01 PM

Run http://www.etrecheck.com/ It will help us know if you are running anything that shouldn't be there.

8 replies

Mar 13, 2016 6:19 PM in response to a brody

a brody,

I gave that a try and looked over the report. There's nothing really to report.

There was a report of Adware. It was detecting Amazon Shopping Assistant, but to be fair, I use Amazon quite often for repeat orders.

It also reported I had Gatekeeper set to "Anywhere" So i reset that to Mac App store and Identified developers.

Everything else was recognizable. Lots of adobe mentions.

Neat program though.

-a

kaychain lost passwords (Passwords not saved)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.