Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Token Authentication Error

I Am using Apple iPad Mini, I. O. S. 9.2 ? I think

After using Public Opinion Print Edition App successfully for some time, I now cannot access my newspaper subscription with the app. I receive a message when I try to open the app to read the newspaper. I am a paying digital subscriber and my subscription renews automatically. I can also access on a computer with Window 8.1 installed but I prefer using my iPad.

After I click on the App, the following message appears:

This message appears after I enter my password which was recently changed but worked for about a week before this problem arose. I believe I am using the latest password.

I tried restarting the App many times, and I tried restarting the iPad. Neither method solved the problem. Can you help me or refer me to a sorce of help?

iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9.2.1, iCloud on Windows 8.1

Posted on Mar 13, 2016 6:18 PM

4 replies

Mar 13, 2016 7:06 PM in response to Ralph9430

I Looked at the App on App site and I followed a link to what I thought might be the app developer but it seemed to be a news media company and what was a former owner of the newspaper. So I did not pursue it further? Perhaps, tomorrow, during normal business hours, I may try that or try accessing the newspaper on my PC to find out the App Developer. I do not know where to find it. I think the information on Apps may be out of date.

Mar 14, 2016 7:50 AM in response to Ralph9430

Thank you for your suggestion. Last evening I signed into my PC, went to Web version of newspaper, discovered I was still signed in there & it was VERY difficult to sign out. Too complicated to explain. The default seems to be to stay signed in. When I finally managed to sign out I retired. This AM I tried using iPad & after a momentary display of error msg, it disappeared & access achieved! Maybe this 'solution' will help someone else! I hope so.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.