Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 is not detected by Pc and itunes..

I am suffering with a strange problem, My iphone 6 is not detected by my laptop or even itunes, But its charging.... I try to connect my old iphone 5 and 6 Plus its working fine....

Could you please help me out what i can do with this phone, I already searched a lot and try every thing such as restart mobile laptop etc etc but nothing is working at all....

Appreciated your kind response....

iPhone 6, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Mar 14, 2016 1:37 PM

9 replies

Mar 15, 2016 11:08 AM in response to Awais Anwar

Awais Anwar wrote:

Yes i do have, This is what surprise me that all the other phones are working but only one iPhone 6 is not working 😟

On the PC, when connecting each device, it loads a separate driver. You can try this little trick when it comes to getting iTunes to recognize the iPhone 6. Thanks to ASC User turingtest2 for the hint.

Try the following:

1. Open Control Panel > Device Manager
  2. Plug in your device
  3. Locate Universal Serial Bus Controllers > Apple Mobile Device USB Driver.
    It is also possible the device may show under Imaging Devices, Portable Devices or Other Devices or as an MTB USB Device.
  4. Right-click and select Update Driver Software...
  5. Click Browse my computer for driver software
  6. Browse to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers or
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers
  7. Click Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
  8. Click Apple Mobile Device USB Driver
  9. Click Next, then Close and exit Device Manager

Oct 9, 2016 2:32 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Sorry Chris, but Updating Device Drivers did not resolve my issue.

This issue is my iPhone 6 does get "hard" detected by my Windows 10 (this is confirmed when I hear the "gong" sound on my iPhone as well as Windows 10 machine, and the fact that the phone instantly begins to charge!).
But it still doesn't get 'soft-detected' meaning that the device doesn't show as a new (data) drive under My PC's hard drives.

The last I remember this worked fine was before I upgraded to iOS 10. If so, what's the remedy? Downgrade back to iOS 9.x?

Please could you advise?

Oct 9, 2016 2:46 PM in response to sharksfan777

Hello SharksFan777,

My issue is still unresolved (pls. see below). I tried both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0.

The result is the same. Phone starts charging, but doesn't appear under PC's devices/drives.
And yes, does NOT get detected by iTunes either, irrespective of the USB port#.
Error message: iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device.

Oct 9, 2016 2:48 PM in response to Eblodgett1

Hello Eblodgett1,

My issue is still unresolved (pls. see below). I tried both USB 2.0 and USB 3.0.

The result is the same. Phone starts charging, but doesn't appear under PC's devices/drives.
And yes, does NOT get detected by iTunes either, irrespective of the USB port#.
Error message: iTunes could not connect to the iPhone because an invalid response was received from the device.

Any idea what could be going wrong here?

Iphone 6 is not detected by Pc and itunes..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.