Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove a page number from a specific page

I am editing a poetry book in pages and my document starts with a title page followed by a couple of blank pages followed by table of contents pages followed by the rest of the book pages. Now I have page numbering set up in the footer with the option of 'not visible on the first page'.

My problem is, I want to remove the page number from the those blank pages following the title page, but keep the numbering going after that. However, if I try to delete the page number from the specific page footer, it deletes it from all the subsequent footers (or alternating page footers.)

So, my title page is number 1, but selected as 'not showing on first page' it doesn't show the number, which works. Then, page 2 and 3 are blank, page 4 is the first page of table of contents, etc. I want to make pages 2 and 3 not show the footer/number, but keep page 4 and onward.

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Mar 14, 2016 9:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2016 11:20 PM

You haven't said what Pages you are using. I will assume Pages 5.x

click in last page you want to have no Page Number > Menu > Insert > Section Break

Click in the next Section > Toolbar > Document > Section > Page Numbering > Start at: 1 > Numbering > uncheck Continue from previous section

If there is a Page Number in the previous Section, delete it.

Peter

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2016 11:20 PM in response to roselight7

You haven't said what Pages you are using. I will assume Pages 5.x

click in last page you want to have no Page Number > Menu > Insert > Section Break

Click in the next Section > Toolbar > Document > Section > Page Numbering > Start at: 1 > Numbering > uncheck Continue from previous section

If there is a Page Number in the previous Section, delete it.

Peter

How to remove a page number from a specific page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.