Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP X Crash/hang on paste text

Last week I was just fine. When I began a new project this sunday I am suddenly experiencing a nearly constant issue.

So far I have tried 1)copy a formatted title clip to a new location and copy from (in this case PowerPoint) one doc into FCP X.

OR 2) I create a new title clip add text and formatting then copy the title clip to another location and paste new text over the old.

The same thing (nearly) always happens. Highlight text to be replaced Cmd+V to paste and spinning beachball or crash.

I have trashed preferences, removed FCP and replaced with a Time Machine restore, removed FCP and DL from app store, full re-install of OS X and several restarts along the way.

Mac Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3), 16G RAM, 2 AMD D500 w 3G RAM ea.

Posted on Mar 15, 2016 1:39 PM

17 replies

Oct 14, 2017 7:22 AM in response to Hoya Yijie

I'm still having this issue, over a year and a half after the original post on this. I have months of work coming up where I will have to copy and paste Chinese subtitles and this is where another problem occurs (apart from the usual freezing when using titles, especially when pasting text in via the Inspector) that the Chinese fonts don't work properly - only some of them change when you try to do that and the same font and size etc often look different or different in the same set of characters. My workaround to this has been to find a font in subtitles that does work consistently... Hopefully my client will accept this font.

The workaround to the freezing/crashing issue mentioned above doesn't seem to work with me as the text merely disappeared when I pasted it straight into the text field on the monitor window. Seems very buggy in titles - any chance of a fix?

Jun 25, 2016 8:19 AM in response to nother Old Tech

Same problem. Trashing FCPX Preferences didn't help. The way around is if i want to use similar layout usually i was duplicating the title generator and editing it. Now once tired to edit FCPX crashes so i need to create new title and then paste the text. But it takes to long... Also i've noticed when reopening the project previously formatted text loosing some formatting such as line spacing. Apple Help please...

FCP X Crash/hang on paste text

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.