Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mackie Onyx 400f and 1200f firewire daisy chain

Hi,

I have the following problem - I am trying to use simultaneously three (in the future four) Mackie Onyx 400f units and one Onyx 1200f, all connected via firewire to my Mac.

All units had different flash version (3.2.8, 4.6 and 5.6.3) so I flashed them to version 1.04 (I had to run the installer on my Powerbook G4, because it requires PowerPC) and then updated them to the latest version that can be used with the 400f and 1200f as well (version 5.6.3 must not be used with the 1200f interface for it will damage it).

All daisy chained over firewire as follows Powerbook G4 -> 1200f -> 400f -> 400f -> 400f and in the same way synced over word clock with the 1200f being master others as slave all showed up in the Onyx F console when I ran the system just to test it (without recording anything) and they also showed up in the Audio MIDI Setup. That was today around 2.00 a.m.

Now I tried this two hours ago and none of my Macs (Powerbook G4, Macbook Pro Mid 2012, Mac Pro 5,1) was able to show all the devices in the Audio MIDI Setup window nor did the Onyx F console, it was either the 1200f or the three 400f.

But the strange thing is, that System Information shows all four units showing the right names and numbers (no as unknown units).

I tried different firewire cables and different ports and (as mentioned above) different Macs.

Has anybody tried this or has any idea how to "force" the Audio MIDI Setup and the Onyx F console to "see" the devices?

I would like to use them as one big aggregated device for multichannel recording in Logic Pro X.

Bye,

Wojtek

Logic Pro X, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Mar 15, 2016 3:13 PM

There are no replies.

Mackie Onyx 400f and 1200f firewire daisy chain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.