Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this apple ID asking to pay for netflix fake?

So I am very worried when seeing the email as it looked legit. But the email address didn't seem right to me as usually it's things like support@apple.com (just an example).

The address was: ID4124HX@mobile.apple.com

I have never signed up for netflix and no one has access to my apple ID or account.

Anyone able to verify it is fake and ease my worries?

Thanks.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Mar 15, 2016 3:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2016 3:35 PM

It's a phishing attempt trying to get your account and payment details (Netflix subscription is a fairly common one) - you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Phishing and similar emails : Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Viewing your account's purchase history : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support (on an iOS device you can view the last 90 days purchases via http://reportaproblem.apple.com)

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2016 3:35 PM in response to MasterCyclonis1

It's a phishing attempt trying to get your account and payment details (Netflix subscription is a fairly common one) - you could forward it to Apple : reportphishing@apple.com , and then delete it.

Phishing and similar emails : Phishing & Other Suspicious Emails

Phishing emails : Identifying fraudulent "phishing" email - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Viewing your account's purchase history : See your purchase history in the iTunes Store - Apple Support (on an iOS device you can view the last 90 days purchases via http://reportaproblem.apple.com)

Nov 10, 2016 8:51 AM in response to MasterCyclonis1

I got one from this address too but saying:

Item Developer Type Unit Price
Beyonce App Store Song GBP 28.31

-If you did not initiate this download, we recommend that you go to
-iTunes Payment Cancellation Form to change your password, then See Apple ID:
-Tips for protecting the security of your account for further assistance.

-How to resume Payment Cancellation Form iTunes Store downloads :

Payment Cancellation Form

Receipt Date: 11/10/2016 4:01:14 p.m.
Order ID: 668675

Blocking it and marking as junk

Is this apple ID asking to pay for netflix fake?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.