Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DIsable HFP bluetooth on OS X

Hello

I have a small problem with my bluetooth headset. Every time when i turn on TeamSpeak or Skype call the quality of sound in changes to very low. I guess it's that because OS X is switching bluetooth mode to HFP. How can i disable it?

I already tried in Bluetooth Explorer: Tools -> Audio Options -> Disable Handsfree profile

In Terminal command defaults read com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent

returns:

Domain com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent does not exist

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Mar 15, 2016 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2017 7:57 PM

I wrote a short guide on disabling HFP on Sierra. I ran into similar frustration when the microphone on my QC35s would get activated, which left me with something akin to muffled white-noise ft. whatever I was trying to listen to.

https://assadi.ru/disabling-hfp-on-osx-or-how-to-make-your-qc35s-sound-good-agai n/

The TL;DR

Open up terminal and run the following:

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Disable HFP" -int 1

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2017 7:57 PM in response to kukicola

I wrote a short guide on disabling HFP on Sierra. I ran into similar frustration when the microphone on my QC35s would get activated, which left me with something akin to muffled white-noise ft. whatever I was trying to listen to.

https://assadi.ru/disabling-hfp-on-osx-or-how-to-make-your-qc35s-sound-good-agai n/

The TL;DR

Open up terminal and run the following:

defaults write com.apple.BluetoothAudioAgent "Disable HFP" -int 1

DIsable HFP bluetooth on OS X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.