Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone shows wrong artist image in the Music App.

Problem is that I've synced all my Dio (rock band) albums to my iPhone via iTunes. Album names, genres and song names and album artwork are 100% correct. As soon as the albums are synced to iPhone and I open up the Music app it shows some Dutch rapper named Dio as artist. 😠

I've tried almost everything, renaming artist to Ronnie James Dio, same result. If the artist name includes "Dio", well same result always.

Please help!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Mar 16, 2016 3:50 AM

4 replies

Mar 31, 2016 11:53 PM in response to RazeR1

I had exactly the same issue with the same artist for ages. Very annoying.

Remove all the Dio albums from the iPhone via sync.

Change the artist field for all your DIO albums to Ronnie James Dio and then re-sync them one at a time and for me at least, it fixed the issue. Somewhat annoying having to find DIO under R instead of D, but at least the idiot in the top hat is gone.

I had also previously tried the suggestion in this thread:https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6966488?start=0&tstart=0 but that didn't sort the issue, though a combination of the two might have helped so try the 5 star rating thing as well.

Apple really should have more sensible look up tools as how many people have heard of some obscure rapper called Dio compared to the band?

Apr 1, 2016 1:25 AM in response to Marco Berni

Thanks for the reply, Marco. Apple really should use some kind of algorithm or something that checks the music genre of the artist and chooses the right artist image based on that fact.

Like in this case Dio the rock band plays rock, so genre that I have in my iphones library for that artist is rock / hard rock or something, anyway it's exactly the same genres that Dio has in Itunes Store.

And this rapper-Dio's genres are Pop or whatever in Itunes Store.

So why it chooses rapper instead of rocker? Apple really should fix this...

iPhone shows wrong artist image in the Music App.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.