Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Krazy Glue in between glass and LCD screen

YES, I AM A BLUBBERING IDIOT FOR BEING SO CARELESS.

Good. Now that that's out of the way...

So I got my glass screen cover replaced on my Early 2011 MBP 15" a few months ago, my previous one was cracked by drunk hippies. After the fix everything was fine, except that the glass cover was not securely attached, and would one corner would fall off about every time I opened up the laptop. I asked my repair guy, who suggested double sided tape. That didn't work at all, so I made a ballsy move and went for Krazy Glue. I figured I wouldn't need to take this screen off again. That worked like a charm. A few weeks later the same corner slightly started to separate. Without taking precaution, I applied Krazy Glue again, but the glass & LCD were not laid flat, and gravity carried the then liquid Krazy Glue down in between my glass cover and LCD screen. I tried turning the laptop upside-down for the liquid to move in the opposite direction, but it was too late, and I couldn't separate the cover in time.

Now I need to figure out how to remove the glass cover, and clean both the glass and the LCD. I've heard acetone, lacquer thinner, WD-40, and other chemicals will work for cleaning, but I need to know if any of these can be safely used on the LCD.

Did I bend myself over a barrel on this one, or is there still hope for the clarity of my screen?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Mar 16, 2016 10:55 AM

2 replies

Krazy Glue in between glass and LCD screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.