You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I add a signature to a pdf document

I Mac,Retina 4K 21.5, OSX El Capitan, Version 10.11.2,Processor 3.1 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 8GB 1867 MHz DDR

How do I add a signature to a PDF document? I do not have a trackpad,I have used the camera to photo my signature in Preview. What do I do now?

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2)

Posted on Mar 16, 2016 2:36 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2016 11:20 AM

Mac Basics: Preview app views and edits images and PDFs - Apple Support

Sign documents

Preview allows you to add a digital image of your signature to PDF documents. First, you'll need to create a signature using the built-in camera of your Mac.

1. Click the Edit button in the Preview window so that the editing toolbar is displayed.
  2. Click the Signature button in the editing toolbar.
  3. Choose the option to create a signature.
  4. Sign your name to a piece of paper, then hold that paper up to the camera on your Mac.
  5. Move the paper so that the signature is drawn along the line that appears on screen.
  6. Click Accept to save the signature.

Once you've created a signature, you can sign your PDF files.

1. Click the Edit button in the Preview window so that the editing toolbar is displayed.
  2. Click the Signature button in the editing toolbar. If you have added more than one signature, click the Signature button again and choose the image of the signature you want to use.
  3. Drag your pointer across the document where you want the signature to appear.

To reposition your signature, click it to select it. Then, move the signature where it should appear on the page, or drag the handles around the signature to make it smaller or larger.

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 18, 2016 11:20 AM in response to Mac Girl 67

Mac Basics: Preview app views and edits images and PDFs - Apple Support

Sign documents

Preview allows you to add a digital image of your signature to PDF documents. First, you'll need to create a signature using the built-in camera of your Mac.

2. Click the Signature button in the editing toolbar.
  3. Choose the option to create a signature.
  4. Sign your name to a piece of paper, then hold that paper up to the camera on your Mac.
  5. Move the paper so that the signature is drawn along the line that appears on screen.
  6. Click Accept to save the signature.

Once you've created a signature, you can sign your PDF files.

2. Click the Signature button in the editing toolbar. If you have added more than one signature, click the Signature button again and choose the image of the signature you want to use.
  3. Drag your pointer across the document where you want the signature to appear.

To reposition your signature, click it to select it. Then, move the signature where it should appear on the page, or drag the handles around the signature to make it smaller or larger.

User uploaded file

how do I add a signature to a pdf document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.