Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

date and time changes to 12/5/2013 at random times

After I updated to El Capitan (it would seem) on my iMac. My system date and time randomly change back to 12/5/2013 and the incorrect time. I don't see anything in particular triggering it. Just all of a sudden my browser wont open a page... etc. I open the system preferences, click on "date and Time", click the lock to open it, enter my password and it immediately changes back to the correct date and time the second it unlocks. I don't have to reset it myself. I've tried leaving the lock open, unchecking the "do it automatically" box & leaving it auto. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why and how to fix this, please? Thank you

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Mar 17, 2016 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2016 12:58 PM

Please back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.lsreset.plist

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart the computer and empty the Trash.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You may not see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2016 12:58 PM in response to TMountainHigh

Please back up all data before proceeding.

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.lsreset.plist

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart the computer and empty the Trash.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You may not see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

date and time changes to 12/5/2013 at random times

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.