Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto book "Place Order" greyed out

I have placed many orders for these in the past and have never had this issue. I am trying to order a photobook for my friend for her wedding so I'm on a bit of a deadline and starting to freak out!!

The first issue - when I get to the order page, the Place Order button is greyed out. I've read other boards on this issue and I've done the troubleshooting thats been suggested to others with zero success. I thought maybe it was because my address wasn't inputted correctly. However, my store location is set to Canada, my shipping address and payment info are all up to date. After choosing which address to ship to under "Add Shipping Address", this error message pops up:

User uploaded file

The page where I update/add my address asks for a Postal Code, not a ZIP so the error message makes zero sense.

Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Mar 17, 2016 8:44 AM

10 replies

Mar 17, 2016 11:48 AM in response to caitlinlyons

The Photo Books service will stop at the end of the month.

The "Zip incomplete" error is very typical for the situation where the Print products Store is mistaking your address for a Post Office box.

It is completely silly, but if your address contains the letters "P" and "O" , even if they are separated by other characters, the address will be treated as an illegal Post Office Box address. In that case replace all "O"s in your delivery address by the letter "zero" and try again.

However, my store location is set to Canada,

Are both the delivery address and the billing address set to Canada, and are you currently in Canada?

Mar 17, 2016 12:45 PM in response to Klaus1

1 - Apple does accept book orders from iPhoto up until 3/31/2016

2 - The most common cause of this error is the wrong print products country set in the iPhoto (or Photos for that matter) preferences which is trivially easy to correct - the print Products country, the shipping address and the billing address must all be the same country

3 - another cause can be a bug that things a P and an O in the address is a Post Office Box and this is easily resolved by replacing the Ohs with Zeros (although this usually gives an invalid postal code message rather than an incomplete Zip Code error)

LN

Mar 17, 2016 7:01 PM in response to léonie

My location for the print product store is set to Canada and my delivery address is set to Canada as well. Is there somewhere else in Photos where I have to check/possibly change my billing address? I know that its correct in the App Store for other purchases.

Also, I tried changing all of the "o"s to zeros and I'm still getting the same error. I also tried a completely different address with no P's or O's and I get the ZIP error again...

Mar 17, 2016 7:18 PM in response to LarryHN

Sorry I actually do have Photos, just so used to calling it iPhoto! My print products country is set to Canada, my shipping address is in Canada and changing all O's to zeros didn't work... Is there somewhere else on Photos where I have to go to adjust or check my billing address? I figured that would come up after I entered shipping info. I don't know what else to try!

Mar 17, 2016 8:49 PM in response to caitlinlyons

Your billing info is in your Apple account - Store.apple.com - if it all looks correct try re-entering everything - that can fix strange things sometimes

LN

PS - since we can not see you it is critical to provide accurate info as that is all we have to work with - I will request this thread be moved to the Photos for Mac forum

And it would be good to update your ASC profile and provide versions of the OS and of Photos

Mar 17, 2016 10:57 PM in response to caitlinlyons

There is a direct link to your Print products Store account in Photos in the Main Application menu:

User uploaded file

Just to be sure - your books has at least 20 pages and no more than 100 pages? Otherwise you cannot order it.

Check also your language and region settings in the system preferences, as well as the time zone.

And try, if you can order anything at all. Try to purchase any free application from the apple STore. This will give a warning, if something is wrong with your Apple ID and the payment methid registered with the ID:

As a bow drawn at venture:

Do you have two-factor-authentification enabled? This can interfere with Photos trying to access Apple's servers.

If the two-factor-authentication is interfering it usually helps to create an app-specific password for the app you are using, in this case Photos. Then you can keep the two-step authentication active. It helped in similar cases, for example Mail, see this discussion:

Re: I am using iPhoto version 9.6 and I can no longer get an email sent with a photo attached. I get an error message saying the email did not go through because the server did not reply. I can send the photo with Mail. Help!in response to Gary Kissler

This solution is for those of you using 2-step verification for your Apple ID and are using iCloud as the mail server that you are trying to mail photos with.

I too had this issue. The problem in my case occurred because I had setup 2-step authentication for my Apple ID. If you have done this then you will get the error message "the mail server did not recognize your email/password...". To solve the problem go to:

https://appleid.apple.com

• Click "Manage Your Apple ID"
  • Verify your identity with the device you selected (if this step does not show up then you have not likely set up 2-step authentication and this is not your solution)
  • Click Password and Security in the left column
  • Click Generate an app-specific password
  • Enter iPhoto as the name of the app
  • Copy the password and paste this into the password box in iPhoto where you would normally enter your apple ID (in the mail account section in iPhoto preferences).

And...voila' (I hope)

iPhoto book "Place Order" greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.