Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTouch no longer recognizes password...

I woke up the other day and my iTouch was not connected to the internet through wifi...I tried to sign back in and it does not recognize the password. Same settings...nothing changed. I did the routine stuff, such as resetting the network but nothing works. I reset the router too..my PC connects just fine and when I look at my router settings the password I used is correct. Please help...

iPod touch

Posted on Mar 17, 2016 8:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2016 8:31 AM

Does the iOS device connect to other networks? If yes that tends to indicate a problem with your network.

Does the iOS device see the network?

Any error messages?

Do other devices now connect?

Did the iOS device connect before?

Try the following to rule out a software problem:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on your router

.- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

- iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem and it does not connect to any networks make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2016 8:31 AM in response to SnosrapSr

Does the iOS device connect to other networks? If yes that tends to indicate a problem with your network.

Does the iOS device see the network?

Any error messages?

Do other devices now connect?

Did the iOS device connect before?

Try the following to rule out a software problem:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on your router

.- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

- iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem and it does not connect to any networks make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Mar 17, 2016 7:27 PM in response to lllaass

Thanks

I went to work and a friend at a cell phone repair place got my iTouch to recognize his wifi. That lends me to think too...that it is my router, however...why would it suddenly change? Makes no sense. I did reset the iOS before my original post and it did nothing. I also reset the network settings and that did not help. I wonder...I have Keeper installed and the trial ran out, which was weird as I had been using the software for over a year. I am stumped...tried to call Apple and that was a joke.

Mar 20, 2016 7:37 PM in response to lllaass

Well I figured it out! Here is the deal.. my router (Motorola sbg6580) has a password that I set up. I use that password to log in to the router and assumed that my iTouch wanted that password. However, it does not recognize that password...it wants the routers pass-phrase. So I logged in to my router and went to the wi-fi section and saw the section that says router pass-phrase, which is simply one of the long string of numbers that are on the back of the modem. I typed that string into the password box of the iTouch (after selecting my router identity as it was broadcast) and boom...I was in.

iTouch no longer recognizes password...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.