Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pop up asked to change passcode

Woke my iPhone and a pop up asked that I must change my passcode in 60 minutes. There was later or change, and then emergency or change options. When I did change I originally had a 6 digit and now it changed to a 4 digit. After this I changed back to a 6 digit though.

I'm a little nervous though why this came up, was it a hack/virus or whatever? My iPhone 6 plus is stock, never jailbroken etc on latest iOS v9.2. Can someone tell and put my mind at rest please, was this from Apple?

Thanks

Posted on Mar 18, 2016 1:20 PM

18 replies

Mar 19, 2016 9:42 AM in response to QwertyMan11

Hard to say since it is not clear where the pop up came from. Your screenshot shows the Camera App. How can a pop up show up there ????? They usually show up on Safari or a text. The only way to be absolutely safe would be to Restore your phone as New and change your affected passwords. This is time consuming, particularly configuring your apps and settings from scratch.

Mar 19, 2016 10:16 AM in response to elcpu

Yes, but there are many people (and lots have posted here) that have their own personal iPhone but put a work email account on that iPhone. If they do then they accept the rules of their employer who can set a profile on the iPhone.

Random thought, see what you think: If this is a second-hand phone could the OP have an old profile on it?

Pop up asked to change passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.