Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

DiskWarrior error messages

My computer keeps freezing up, so I'm trouble shooting. This is the what DW says:

User uploaded file

Rerunning DW does not fix these errors, so I'm assuming I must do something to fix this myself?

Any help would be gratefully received.

iMac G5 (iSight) PPC, 2.1 GHz, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Mar 19, 2016 4:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2016 5:52 AM

Both are an alias (i.e. a pointer to the file only).

If you do not have the file(s) anymore you can delete these "Link" file(s); if you still have the original files and still want to use these Link files, you must do this:

locate the file, since it is not anymore in the location that the Link file thinks it is,

when you have found the file, make a new Alias / Link file, then delete the old Link file, and put the new where you want it.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2016 5:52 AM in response to irene33

Both are an alias (i.e. a pointer to the file only).

If you do not have the file(s) anymore you can delete these "Link" file(s); if you still have the original files and still want to use these Link files, you must do this:

locate the file, since it is not anymore in the location that the Link file thinks it is,

when you have found the file, make a new Alias / Link file, then delete the old Link file, and put the new where you want it.

Mar 19, 2016 5:53 AM in response to Lexiepex

Thank you for your clear and precise answer. I found “psed.1” and “s2p.1” in the folder “iMac G5/usr/share/man/man1” as indicated by DW. However, they are not link files but original documents! Neither shows an arrow and get info says they are documents. There are no other files with these names anywhere else on my computer. I don’t know what to do- why would DW report that they are link files when they are not? Can you help with this new problem. TIA

Mar 19, 2016 6:36 AM in response to irene33

Well OS says these are Link files (that is what DW uses) and the address they point to was indicated.

So maybe the original files are gone, or these files are mistakenly identified as Link files.

Can you open these files? or are they just a few bytes (then they are Link files).

About the arrow: as far as I remember you can have that set or not, look for that in the SystemPreferences.

Mar 19, 2016 7:35 AM in response to Lexiepex

Both these files are 0 bytes and link to nothing. Because of this I decided to trash them (I have a clone in case of any problems). Ran DW again and no error messages. Every thing is working ok so far. I don’t think this was the cause of the freezes I’m getting, but thanks for helping me to eliminate one question mark in my search for a solution.

DiskWarrior error messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.