Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop photos from syncing between iPad and iPhone

Two questions:

1) Can someone please give me step by step instructions on how to STOP my iPad photos from showing up on my iPhone?

2) Is there a way to the photos on each device go to iCloud, without them appearing on each device?

Thank you.....as you can see....very technologically challenged!

iPad 2, iOS 7.1

Posted on Mar 19, 2016 9:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2016 11:12 AM

dawne119 wrote:

The iCloud Photo Library is turned on in the iPad, as well as iCloud Photo Sharing.

We just want to keep the iPad photos on the iPad, and the iPhone photos on the iPhone.

With iCloud P.L. enabled your photos will auto sync to all devices that have it on. That's why I suggested that you read the iCloud P.L FAQ. Turn iCloud P.L. Off and the photos will stay where they were taken.... 🙂

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2016 11:12 AM in response to dawne119

dawne119 wrote:

The iCloud Photo Library is turned on in the iPad, as well as iCloud Photo Sharing.

We just want to keep the iPad photos on the iPad, and the iPhone photos on the iPhone.

With iCloud P.L. enabled your photos will auto sync to all devices that have it on. That's why I suggested that you read the iCloud P.L FAQ. Turn iCloud P.L. Off and the photos will stay where they were taken.... 🙂

Mar 19, 2016 11:02 AM in response to dawne119

dawne119 wrote:

Two questions:

1) Can someone please give me step by step instructions on how to STOP my iPad photos from showing up on my iPhone?

2) Is there a way to the photos on each device go to iCloud, without them appearing on each device?

1. On the iPad go to Settings>iCloud>Photos>My Photo Stream>Off. The photos on your iPad will stay on your iPad only.
  2. No you can not send photos to iCloud without them appearing on all devices. The only way to send photos to iCloud is by using iCloud Photo Library which then makes photos appear on all devices signed into iCloud.

Mar 19, 2016 11:06 AM in response to Demo

Thank you Demo....but my iPad has Upload to My Photo Stream turned off already. This morning, all the iPad photos were on the iPhone. Do both devices need to have My Photo Stream turned on for this to happen?

How do I stop photos from syncing between iPad and iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.