Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Informer Application

I have discovered Mac Informer among my applications. I don't know what it is, if it's from Apple or some other company, if it's safe, how I got it. I want to get rid of it but it has no Uninstaller that I can see. When I hold my finger down on its icon in Launchpad and every icon begins to jiggle, no X appears on Mac Informer. If I look at it in Finder under Applicatkions I see no way to uninstall it. It is made by Informer Technologies, Inc. In Finder when I click "Get INfo" and look at 'Where' it shows this: Macintosh HD > /Applications/Coupons.

Can anyone enlighten me on this please?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Mar 19, 2016 5:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2016 9:59 AM

The question was never answered, Is it safe? Where does it come from? Did apple load it on my computer at the factor? It says it needs to be update to a newer version. Do I need it or is it bogus?

7 replies

Mar 19, 2016 5:54 PM in response to Allan Eckert

I read the page you linked to me, but do not understand. It said to

• Click Start menu and move your mouse to All Programs.
  • Find Search Mac Informer 0.3 folder and click on its Uninstaller.
  • Follow its uninstaller and uninstall the program."

I am baffled. I have a Mac, not a Windows computer. There is no "Start" or "All Programs" like there was on my old Windows computer. Is there some way I can use Windows on this Mac computer???

Mar 19, 2016 6:57 PM in response to Linc Davis

Yes, I was trying to do it from launchpad. So I just went to Applications folder and tried to drag it to trash. An error message pops up and tells me it cannot be dragged to trash because it's open. BUT...it isn't open! ALSO, I didn't find it in the list of Apps under "Applications", exactly. At the top of the list under "Applications" there was a folder called "Coupons". I would drag it from Coupons to Applications and then drag it from Applications to Trash and then empty trash and hear the crunching sound. Then I would check the list of Apps--not there. Then I returned to Coupons folder and THERE IT WAS AGAIN!. After messing around trying again and again I just dragged the Coupons folder to the Trash too and emptied it. I think it's gone now, finally.

THANKS for your helpl!! I sure appreciate it.

Mac Informer Application

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.