Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unable to download and update any apps

I am using iPhone 6S 64 GB with iPhone 9.2.1 version.

Two months ago, I faced a problem in updating my iphone applications and it resolved automatically. But from past 2 weeks i am facing the same problem again. I am not able to update any of my applications, even i am not able to download any new apps. When i tried to install a new application, I received a pop-up saying "Unable to Download App. (App Name) could not be downloaded at this time".

I did not do any jail break, but i tried some ways to resolved this problem, which are as follows:

1. Force restart by pressing lock+home button.

2. Sign-out from App Store, then force restart.

3. Re-set All Settings, But none of the above ways resolved my problem.

Please lookout the problem, i am totally freaking out by this issue. Please help me out and resolved it as soon as possible.

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Mar 19, 2016 10:00 PM

3 replies

Apr 17, 2016 8:39 AM in response to dev091986

I have fixed it!!!!

I tried all those suggestions, changing date/time, reset phone setting, hard reboot, changing DNS, restore phone... each solution would fix the problem only temporary (at least for me!) and the bug still keep coming. Using cellular data to download the app in the beginning and switch back to wifi seems to help as well, but that's not convenient! I don't want to keep doing the same thing every time I download apps.

Here is how to fix it permanently (at least for me):

- Go to Settings/Cellular/ and turn off Wi-Fi Assist. That's all!!

- Sometimes you need to delete the apps that already caused the problem, before download them again on Wi-Fi with the Assist thing off.

You can switch it on later. But for me, once I switched it on, I was able to download a few apps, and then out of the blue, the problem came back! Then, I switched it off, the problem was gone. Also, be sure you delete the un-finish-downloaded apps before you download them again.

So, the story is that I have been using 4s for 3-4 years with none of this 'Unable to download app' problem. Then, once I used my Apple ID with my new SE phone (with the Wi-Fi Assist on). The problem occurred. Not only that, the bug also appear on my old 4s phone as well. That's very weird!! So, I thought that it has something to do with how the new phone communicate with App Store while downloading app. Now that I turn the Assisting thing off, my old phone is back to normal. 🙂

Hope this is helpful to you too!

unable to download and update any apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.