Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I retrieve my iWeb site?

After one of my updates/upgrades I lost iWeb. I had built a website for my business with it back in 2008 or 09 and it worked very well for my needs. I have tried to install the updates to IOS on a fairly regular basis, as well as upgrading to Yosemite (or Mavericks, I forget which), now 8.0. Somewhere in the process, iWeb disappeared and I can't do anything with my site. Do I have to go to another web builder and start over from scratch?

Posted on Mar 20, 2016 5:26 PM

2 replies

Mar 21, 2016 1:41 AM in response to tsankawe

That would probably be best to do that because iWeb is not a supported product and has not been for that last 4 years and it has not been updated for 6 years.

You cannot purchase iWeb any longer through Apple, so if you wanted to purchase it again, it would mean doing so via Amazon and purchasing either the iLife 11 or 09 boxed set, that is if they are still available.

Having said that, why would you want to purchase an unsupported product?

If I were you, I would take a look at EverWeb - you can purchase a standalone version so that you can upload to your host and it is very like iWeb, but it can do a lot more.

Yes, you would have to re-build your site as there is no import facility, but you can drag and drop. Click on the EverWeb link to have a look at it.

Mar 22, 2016 12:00 PM in response to Ethmoid

"Having said that, why would you want to purchase an unsupported product?"

I don't want to purchase it, but my website (originally built with iWeb) is online and active. I need to go in and change some outdated info is all, but I can't do editing. I guess my question is do I have to take down my entire site and build a new one just to make a couple of simple changes? Sounds like I do.

How can I retrieve my iWeb site?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.