Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't click on anything within default Mac applications

I'm having an issue where with most default applications (Such as iMovie, Preview, Quicktime, Mail, even Mac Appstore, etc.) I can't click on anything within them. I can hover my mouse over the "x" button and it shows up, but I can't click it. I also can't click on anything on the menu bar when it's focused on the application, so I have to click on another application to be able to force quit it. It gets very annoying fast, especially when I can't even check my email. I can still use any other applications that I downloaded perfectly fine. (My mouse works and everything, but it may have started when I turned off and on my monitor, not sure how though.)

I'm using El Capitan 10.11. Any advice?

Posted on Mar 20, 2016 6:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2016 7:42 PM

If a graphics tablet (Wacom or similar) has ever been connected, or if third-party software such as "Inklet" has been installed to allow the trackpad to be used as a tablet, there may be a pane named Ink in System Preferences. Please open it and uncheck the box marked

Allow me to Ink in any application

4 replies

Can't click on anything within default Mac applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.