Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

continuous beeping sound when plugged into iMac

When back up my iPad to my iMac, I get a continuous beeping sound showing charging/not charging. Why is this happening? It does not do it while plugged into the wall. Only when plugged into iMac. iTunes not recognizing device.

iPad, iOS 9.2.1, null

Posted on Mar 21, 2016 8:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 8, 2017 5:36 AM

Way late for your issue (I hope), but I was having this issue with my iPhone SE and my (mid 2013) MacBook Air. I have the latest iOS installed (11.0.2), as well as latest macOS (10.13) and latest iTunes (12.7.0.166). The phone repeatedly dinged and would not stop. Tried various cables, etc. No luck. I turned off iCloud on the phone; still dinging.

Finally, I put the phone in Airplane Mode, and it connected fine to my Mac and iTunes -- first time -- no issues.

Weird and a PITA. Hopefully Apple fixes this in an upcoming update.

HTH someone.

K___H

17 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 8, 2017 5:36 AM in response to Ghee_Ghee

Way late for your issue (I hope), but I was having this issue with my iPhone SE and my (mid 2013) MacBook Air. I have the latest iOS installed (11.0.2), as well as latest macOS (10.13) and latest iTunes (12.7.0.166). The phone repeatedly dinged and would not stop. Tried various cables, etc. No luck. I turned off iCloud on the phone; still dinging.

Finally, I put the phone in Airplane Mode, and it connected fine to my Mac and iTunes -- first time -- no issues.

Weird and a PITA. Hopefully Apple fixes this in an upcoming update.

HTH someone.

K___H

Mar 13, 2018 11:24 AM in response to Ghee_Ghee

I had this problem with my iPhone 6 when plugging it into my Macbook Air.

I have tried to change the cord, and I have also tried another also original cord with my friends iPhone, but the repeated beeping was just randomly there - it was clearly something wrong with both of my Macbook Air USB ports. What kind of weird bug is this? It has started maybe few months ago, once in a while, but now it can go like crazy, every second.

Now I have tried to put my iPhone to airplane mode and IT REALLY WORKS. iPhone is charging quietly first time in weeks. WOW.

THANKS GUYS for help. Saved me a trip to the service.

Mar 22, 2016 1:33 PM in response to Ghee_Ghee

Hello Ghee_Ghee,

If you're hearing a continuous beeping sound then it's likely that your iPad doesn't have a stable connection to your Mac. While there may not be an explicit alert, the article linked below details a number of steps that can help stabilize the connection between your iPad and your iMac.

Resolve USB-related alerts in iTunes
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203843

Sincerely

Apr 3, 2016 9:33 AM in response to CarlAVII

I had this problem too but after extensive testing this morning (multiple laptops, iPads, iPhones, ghost disk backups, etc.) it turned out to be my lighting cable. Strange because the cable works fine for many things but no longer works with my iPad. I got intermittent connections with iTunes that didn't last but for a few seconds. Soon as I used another lightening cable the issue went away.

Might be worth a try. Very frustrating I know. 😉

continuous beeping sound when plugged into iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.