Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple still continue to support iPhone 5S after the release of rumored iPhone 5SE?

Hello there 🙂

I've recently bought an iPhone 5S. But now I've read that the new '5SE' is likely replace the 5S.

😟 I'am just worried that if I need some damage repairs to be done, will I still be provided with the Apple Service, in my locale?😕

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.1

Posted on Mar 21, 2016 10:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2016 1:21 PM

Your iphone is 2 generations old the fact that Apple called it iphone 5se rather then iphone6se will likely have zero impact the hardware is a world apart no matter what and softwarewise ipad2 still get updates as does iphone4s

3 replies

Mar 21, 2016 1:25 PM in response to Norbu_117

Speculation is prohibited by the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.

That said, Apple has a very strong track record for both providing service for older devices and continuing software support and updates long past what other vendors provide.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Of course, if you bought it within the last 2 weeks, you may be able to return it and buy an iPhone SE instead.

Mar 21, 2016 1:28 PM in response to Norbu_117

It's just iPhone SE, (the 5 numeral has been dropped) and it has replaced the 5s as the 4 inch offering. Apple have officially revealed it in this morning's conference.

However, Your iPhone will continue to be under warranty for however long it still has it, and will very likely continue to get software updates for several years.

Apple has never outright stopped support for a device at the time it is removed from sale on their site.

In fact the iPhone 4s is still getting updates and has not been sold for almost 2 years.

Will Apple still continue to support iPhone 5S after the release of rumored iPhone 5SE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.