Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 53 - iOS9

Hello, I tried to install 9.3 and I got this: "An error occurred installing iOS 9.3".

I had my screen and home button replaced before but I did NOT brick my phone, I actually never updated it to 9.2.1. I know apple fixed Error 53, but do i need to update to 9.2.1 to fix error 53 then update to 9.3?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Mar 21, 2016 4:25 PM

8 replies

Mar 23, 2016 12:29 PM in response to bryceschutte

Dear bryceschutte,

Apple has fixed the Error 53 during restoring or updating to firmware higher than iOS 9.2.1

There is officially a newer build of iOS 9.2.1. I will leave out specific details.

The answer I gave is a legitimate solution. Updating iTunes to the latest software ensure that iTunes can receive newest firmwares.

Restoring the device again, will update the device to the latest build provided by Apple.

The solution is also from Apple.

If you see error 53 and your iPhone or iPad gets stuck on the 'Connect to iTunes' screen - Apple Support

Just in case you cannot open the page, or can't find the section:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----

What you should do

1. If iTunes is open on your Mac or PC, quit iTunes.

2. If your iOS device is plugged into your computer, unplug it.

3. Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes.

4. Connect your iOS device to your computer with a USB cable.

5. Open iTunes and select your device.

6. When you see the option in iTunes to Restore or Update, click Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS and restore your device without erasing your data.1

7. If you can't get past the Apple logo screen, force restart2 your iOS device. When you see the option to Restore or Update, click Restore.

8. When you see your iOS device's Hello screen, follow the onscreen steps to set up your device.

• If you previously backed up your device, you can set up from your backup.

• When you see the screen for Touch ID, tap Set up Touch ID later.

9. If Touch ID on your device didn't work before you saw error 53, the feature still won't work after you update or restore your device. Contact Apple Support to ask about service options for Touch ID.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----

I have given an answer that simply simplifies the answer from this long long-winded answer.

So therefore, the solution I gave is a legitimate answer and is NOT a "generic useless" answer.

Thank you for visiting Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day.

Dnlyong

PS: The "solved" answer from elimanning99 in response to your reply basically said to install it to the latest firmware. (Surprise! It's the same as mine)

Error 53 - iOS9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.