Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sunset to Sunrise NightShift not available? Here's the reason.

Hiya folks.

Since Night Shift mode came out, I've had it set to Sunset to Sunrise automatically. That was on iOS9.3 PB 2 or 3 when it came out for it. Then all of sudden that option was gone. It only gave me a time frame. I reported it as a problem, but I wasn't expecting a reply as I'm sure they receive a lot of emails for various problems, suggestions.

Now that the final release is out. I installed it and still couldn't see the Sunset to Sunrise option under Settings---> Display & Brightness---> Night Shift---> Scheduled--->. It will only give me a Turn On At and a Turn Off At. This is for the iPhone 6Plus. On my iPad Air 2, the option for Sunset To Sunrise was still there, has always been there.

Then it came time for me to post here, hoping that I could have some help. Only to discover the problem...

Settings---> Privacy---> Location Services---> System Services---> Setting Time Zone was turned off. I turned that on, and all of sudden the option for Sunset to Sunrise appeared under Settings---> Display & Brightness---> Night Shift---> Scheduled--->.

So there's the fix if you don't see the Sunset to Sunrise for Night Shift.

KOT

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 21, 2016 3:41 PM

6 replies

Sunset to Sunrise NightShift not available? Here's the reason.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.