Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I upgrade OSX 10.5.8?

System Version: Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)

Kernel Version: Darwin 9.8.0

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,2

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 4 GB

Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MBP52.008E.B05

SMC Version (system): 1.42f4

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 21, 2016 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2016 5:14 PM

Your Mac would have to be a Mid/Late 2007 or newer) model to upgrade to the newest OS X currently available > OS X El Capitan - Technical Specifications

If your Mac meets El Capitan requirements, you would still need to purchase a v10.6 Snow Leopard disk.

With v10.6.8 installed you would have access to the App Store to download El Capitan.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 21, 2016 5:14 PM in response to Captain Sandy

Your Mac would have to be a Mid/Late 2007 or newer) model to upgrade to the newest OS X currently available > OS X El Capitan - Technical Specifications

If your Mac meets El Capitan requirements, you would still need to purchase a v10.6 Snow Leopard disk.

With v10.6.8 installed you would have access to the App Store to download El Capitan.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.