Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is the email address showing in red

Why is the email address showing in red?

iPad, iOS 8.4

Posted on Mar 21, 2016 6:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2017 11:26 AM

You probably turned on 'Mark Addresses'. Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Mark Addresses. In the field 'MARK ADDRESSES NOT ENDING WITH', remove all characters and Mail should display addresses in blue again.

4 replies

Jul 7, 2016 10:26 AM in response to Ferd II

I'm not the OP so situation may differ but I have the same question.

In my case, on my iPad Air 2 (with the latest ios9 version) when I go to to the mail app to send an email and I select any of my personal registered email addresses to send from (From:), be it either my icloud.com, me.com or gmail.com, it always shows the address(e's) in red rather than the blue. My 3 different addresses (two of which are iCloud.com and me.com and 1 which is my gmail.com and also my main Apple ID), are all verified and registered and everything.

In addition, after selecting a contacts address to send an email to (To:), the email address turns red even if the contact address appears blue in the drop down list when I start typing for the persons email fo send to.

I'm wondering if this is normal behavior?

As they used to be blue or green in color (as with texts and iMessages are), so why are they now all showing red, even my own address? Did i miss something here?

I didnt have this "issue" til iOS 9 I think...

Thanks!

Why is the email address showing in red

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.