Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.3.3 fonts size are now way too BIG!

I can't even see now the page complete!

User uploaded file

Posted on Mar 21, 2016 9:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2017 5:57 PM

Well guys after more than 1 year we finally have a fix for this:

iTunes 12.6

http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Guess better late than never...sigh.

I just renewed my Google Play music sub for 3 months so i'll use the Apple Music service when the other ends...

148 replies

Mar 21, 2017 6:23 PM in response to psikofunkster

🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂

Works for me too!!!!! I can't even begin to believe that psikofunkster originally posted on March 21, 2016 about this problem and literally freakin' MARCH 21, 2017 is the day it's fix!!! We've entered the Twilight Zone!

Why a year to fix this, I'll have no idea, but I'm just happy to have this back working properly!

Thanks psikofunkster and all those who contributed to getting this resolved.

😎

Mar 23, 2016 9:39 AM in response to psikofunkster

Hey psikofunkster,
I understand that he font looks off when looking into iTunes. Let's see if we can get to the bottom of this.
What comes to mind is that this may be related to the DPI settings you have for your computer. I have found two articles from Microsoft that speak to this. The first will explain that text may appear larger or smaller depending on the setting. For the best results, you will need to change the DPI back near to the recommended setting. This will put the font back to their original size and you should be able to see everything within the iTunes Store.
When changing the DPI setting on Windows 7, some fonts may be scaled too large or too small
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2556182

Make the text on your screen larger or smaller
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/make-the-text-on-your-screen-larger- or-smaller?v=t

Let me know if this helps.
Take it easy

Mar 23, 2016 10:35 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Ok. This did help me see all of the iTunes window, but it has now made EVERYTHING else on my computer super tiny!!!! This hasn't happened with any of the other previous updates to iTunes, my computer has been set up with the larger display since I've gotten it and I've never had this happen before. I'm sorry, but my aged eyes need to have the fonts and pictures bigger on a regular basis. Adjusting it every time I want to go into iTunes is going to be a huge pain! Hopefully a coming update will resolve this issue.

Mar 23, 2016 2:18 PM in response to chuck_3rd

Hi Alex, thanks for your interest.

I've been usising Windows 7 with a 125% DPI since the first day it was released since 2009. I've never used the default DPI (100% size ) because the text is too tiny for my eyes.

Also since 2009 i've been using iTunes for Windows 7 and the iTunes Store with no isssues regarding that until this year, first the Apple Music section, some images don't even display but that belongs to a different thread:

Windows 7 125ppp text size no artwork

And since iTunes 12.3.3 this. Apple changed the DPI of the iTunes Store for this release and now this is a mess for many of us.

Apple should fix this for their Windows customers, a friend of mine has an imac with a 5k monitor, the itunes store fonts look pristine no issues there...Windows users need more love from Apple....

Mar 31, 2016 6:54 PM in response to psikofunkster

I have the same problem as the original poster. Ever since 12.3.3.17 update iTunes store screen is too big. Also, when you select an album on that page, it does not bring you to the album you selected. It brings you to the album next to it. There is something definitely wrong here. Is Apple working on this?

This is the full iTunes Store window. Notice the side menu is completely missing? The fonts are also huge (which you probably can't see from this image.)

User uploaded file

Apr 1, 2016 8:05 AM in response to psikofunkster

Hello. I had the same problem since I updated iTunes a few days ago: everything was huge, there was no side menu on the right, etc.

I found this thread half an hour ago and I saw I wasn't the only one with that issue.

BTW, my PC has Windows 7, 1920 x 1080 screen resolution, its DPI is set on 125% (I hate tiny pixelated fonts) and also I use that font renderer called GDIPP to make fonts look way better than the crappy ClearType (the programs are called gdipp_x64_0.9.1 and gdipp_x86_0.9.1, both are installed on my PC but I don't remember where I downloaded them from).

This GDIPP had nothing to do with the issue, of course (and I highly recommend it if you like non-pixelated and nice rendered fonts on the whole Windows system).

Anyway, I tried going back to 100% DPI and it solved the look and functions of iTunes but, as I said, I can't use Windows with those tiny ugly fonts.

A few minutes ago I tried this: right click, screen resolution, reduce or enlarge (or something like that), I kept the 125% DPI, clicked on the left side menu on PPP, unchecked that XP style option, applied changes and... voilà!

I can't believe I found the solution all by myself!

I wonder what consequences will I face by having that XP option unchecked... everything looks fine so far (Windows, iTunes and other programs too).

Try my suggestions (including GDIPP) and let me know if it worked for you too.

See ya!

iTunes 12.3.3 fonts size are now way too BIG!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.