Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email address in Mail is wrong. How to change it?

The email address on my Mail in not mine. How do I change it? I was sending an email to my friend and she did not recognize it becuase it was not my email address but the content was mine. Why is that?

Also, after that incident I went to my iCloud in settings and found out in the Advance (located in the bottom part of iCloud) that the email address on Mail was not mine. I don't know what I did or what happened that the email was wrong and the worst part was that it can't be change. I clicked it like a thousand times but it just cant be change. Please help me.

iPod touch, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 22, 2016 9:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2016 9:20 AM

In Settings>iCloud at the top is that your email address/ID?

6 replies

Mar 27, 2016 9:27 PM in response to lllaass

I already changed that but everytime I send an email to my friends, the email address it was from is not my email address. I went to iCloud in the advanced and saw that my email wasn't mine. How do I change it? I can't click on the email and change it.

I have the same problem with her:

I can't change the email address on my icloud account information page..I have tried everything! When I go to settings and click on ICLOUD, then click on account...it has the correct Apple ID, but wrong email under MAIL

Email address in Mail is wrong. How to change it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.