Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After update to itunes 12.3.3.17 can't update apps simultaneously

Today on march 22 updated to iTunes 12.3.3.17 as the Appstore showed me this update on Mac OSX included with Safari and 10.10.5 update.

After this update I can't update more than an iOS app at a time from iTunes. If I clic on Update all apps I get the message "Can't purchase XX app, the appstore is unavailable..." but if I update each app one by one everything goes fine and I can update all apps with no problem. This makes update process tedious as I need to clic on each app in order to update. In the download bar that appears when downloading apps the option "simultaneous downloads" is selected as always has been.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Mar 22, 2016 11:17 AM

6 replies

Mar 24, 2016 1:40 AM in response to Teiws

Hi, thanks a lot for your answer, I think is a version bug.

As my iPhone Appstore shows app updates I update on it and also go to iTunes and update the same apps wich are showing the update mark.

All I use is just one Apple ID, mine.

And no matter how many apps are ready to update, 2 or even 6, the problem is that if I clic on the bottom right button "Update all apps" the message appears "could not purchase XXX app... store is unavailable...please try again later" and cannot advance in the updating all apps process.

I deleted com.apple.itunes.plist form my user folder/preferences and now if I clic "update all apps" it shows the cannot purchase message but closing this message and clic again lets me update the next app, and so on until all apps are updated.

I don't think making a new library is a solution since with the current library everything was working fine until I updated to this new version of iTunes 12.3.3.17.

Best regards

May 10, 2016 4:27 PM in response to latiffrommexico

Same issue here, it may be 1, 2, 3 or more apps that need to be updated and I may get the error once or more on any or all apps, also it may take 20 or more attempts to download something.

What's most annoying is having to re-click "Update All Apps", iTunes should make a list of files to be updated and keep trying every 30 seconds until all files are downloaded. In the Download Status it should show there was an error and how long before the next try per file, and it definitely shouldn't make the user do something twice or more to accomplish the same thing.

After update to itunes 12.3.3.17 can't update apps simultaneously

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.