Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay and Netflix

I have an audio receiver with internet connection via my wifi home network, e,g. for listening to internet radio, Spotify, etc. When I'm starting the Netflix app on my iPad of iPhone (without starting a film or serie yet) which is also connected the same wifi network, my receiver will be disconnected from the internet. I cannot restore the connection until I've closed the Netflix app and hence this problem seems related to the Netflix app. Unfortunately, Netflix support could not provide me with a solution. The manufacturer of my router (Asus) stated that this is a kind of known error of Airplay. Does someone has the same experience and moreover, is there any solution known?

iPad Air, iOS 9.2.1, Netflix

Posted on Mar 22, 2016 12:34 PM

2 replies

Apr 13, 2016 9:24 PM in response to iWim58

I have the exact same issue! I went through a very tedious phone call with Netflix who admitted to the bug after trying their best to shift the blame onto Apple and and the speaker manufacturer! Their support staff assured me that they have reported the bug to the technical team and that they will release an update to fix it. This was in early March....

Version 8 of the Netflix introduced this issue. They had it working fine prior to that.

Airplay and Netflix

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.