Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipad 2 after update to ios 9.3 was locked by unkown passcode

Ipad 2 after update to ios 9.3 was locked by unkown passcode. I didn't put any passcode. Also, I tryed to connect to iTune but not accepted. Wifi is not activat.

Posted on Mar 22, 2016 1:50 PM

6 replies

Mar 22, 2016 1:58 PM in response to Loomy.2011

Loomy.2011 wrote:

Ipad 2 after update to ios 9.3 was locked by unkown passcode. I didn't put any passcode. Also, I tryed to connect to iTune but not accepted. Wifi is not activat.

It would be the 4 to 6 digit passcode you set up on your ipad.

did it not ask for your passcode when you updated the IOS?

Are you saying you don't have a passcode set on your ipad?

Mar 22, 2016 2:08 PM in response to Loomy.2011

After I installed my iPad 2 to OS 9.3....it would not activate. I tried pretty much what everybody was recommending. No success.

Then I tried this and it worked for me!!!

First thing you need to do is to do put the ipad into "recovery mode". Here's a video on how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkVr5CxFiFM

The next step is to pretty much do a complete restore. Make sure you have a backup.

After the restore is complete, the ipad should work fine. Mine did!!

Hope this helps!!

Mar 25, 2016 8:02 AM in response to Loomy.2011

Hi Loomy.2011,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you may be having some issues activating your iPad 2 after a recent update to iOS 9.3. If that is the case, you may find the information and steps outlined in the following article helpful:

If you can’t activate your iPad 2 (GSM model) after you update to iOS 9.3 - Apple Support

Regards

May 21, 2016 12:06 PM in response to brenden dv

MY iPad Retina (first version) also locked by unknown passcode after restart. I never set passcode on this device. And I don't have fresh backup of its data.

Apple Inc., it is serious bug which cause all data lose in device because as I see there is no method to clear passcode you set in your update without erasing device. What is your advice in this situation?

May 29, 2016 10:53 AM in response to brenden dv

Hi brenden dv

Your reply and link don't help at all. Did you read the problem description of loomy.2011 properly? I have exactly the same problem. On the iPad 2 (model A1395) of my mother-in-law there was NO passcode setup before the update. After the update to iOS 9.3.2 I get to see the Hello screen, but upon 'slide to set up' I'll be asked for a passcode, obviously a complex one as the alphanumeric keyboard appears. So, any idea where this code could come from and how could get this away again?

Regards

softd

Ipad 2 after update to ios 9.3 was locked by unkown passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.