Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone unable to activate after upgrade to ios9.3

Very disappointed on upgrading the iOS. Possible to make it simple and stupid.

After upgrade to iOS 9.3 and failed to activate. Even the Apple ID shown in message also wrong in line.

Please provide the solution as soon as possible.

iPhone 5s, iOS 9.3, ipad

Posted on Mar 22, 2016 3:11 PM

2 replies

Mar 24, 2016 2:00 PM in response to phchua

Greetings phchua,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that after updating your iPhone to iOS 9.3, your current Apple ID and password are not working to activate your device. In some cases, the hint that you see on the Activate iPhone screen may not match your current Apple ID.

We know that this situation can be frustrating, but we’re here to help. To troubleshoot this situation and work towards resolving it, please read over and follow the steps from the following article.

If you can't activate your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch after installing a software update - Apple Support

Best

Mar 27, 2016 1:47 AM in response to AppleJoe

Thanks for reply.

After I few try on download iOS 9.2.1 and installed on iPhone and iPad. Still the same, " xxx@xxx.com cannot be used to unlock this device". I don't want to waste my time for further troubleshoot. Not understand why Apple want this verification until the basic function of "phone call" also disable. Is a phone and iCloud is optional. All my information was locked in the phone and ipad. Loss all of my important data and business information. How about reformat all so that I can sell off.

Is my fault to put all the trust on this kind of product. Is the time to look form alternative.

Thanks

iphone unable to activate after upgrade to ios9.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.