Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 Pro bootcamp support software failed to install

I recently installed Windows 10 Pro on my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan 10.11.3 (15D21). After Windows rebooted, bootcamp began installing support drivers and hung on the Realtek driver. I left it overnight but it still did not make progress, so I closed the installer. Now I can't find how to restart it, or to download the drivers and manually install them. I had to hold down the option key during reboot to get back into OS X. As per older documents I tried rerunning bootcamp assistant to download the drivers to USB, but this version only gives me the option to restore my drive to its original state. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.3)

Posted on Mar 22, 2016 5:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2016 12:12 PM

I couldn't find a place to download the bootcamp support drivers and discovered under the bootcamp 6, the drivers are downloaded to a separate partition on the SSD (instead of USB drive). So I wiped the windows install and started again with the intent to copy the downloaded software (which I did). Again bootcamp hung while installing the Realtek driver and did some googling. I found this post which solved my problem. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6567790?tstart=0

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2016 12:12 PM in response to jdwieber

I couldn't find a place to download the bootcamp support drivers and discovered under the bootcamp 6, the drivers are downloaded to a separate partition on the SSD (instead of USB drive). So I wiped the windows install and started again with the intent to copy the downloaded software (which I did). Again bootcamp hung while installing the Realtek driver and did some googling. I found this post which solved my problem. https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6567790?tstart=0

Windows 10 Pro bootcamp support software failed to install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.