Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I used to have Idvd on my laptop, but now it is no longer there. I need it to burn an idvd movie. Where did it go?

I used to have idvd. I have created and burned dvd projects between imovie and idvd previously. I just completed a project and now idvd is not there. I have up to date software. I also am working on a macbook pro that is about a year old.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Mar 22, 2016 8:17 PM

2 replies

Mar 23, 2016 7:05 AM in response to seylk

Why is there no iDVD on my new Mac? How do I get it and how do I install it?

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-3673

To burn a DVD with iDVD from the latest version of iMovie, you have to export the movie using the Export button and select 480p as the size. Open iDVD and start a new project, then drag that exported movie file into the iDVD menu window, avoiding any drop zones you see.

If you are using El Capitan see this thread:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7251191

Mar 29, 2016 8:17 PM in response to seylk

Actually, iDVD is no longer included with new Macs.

You can install it if you have a iLife install disk, or pre App Store OS installation disks for older computers. You will need to extract the iDVD files from one of those disks. It is also possible to transfer from older computers with iDVD installed as well. Last version was 7.1.2 and that update is available if you have an earlier version.

iDVD is no longer supported by Apple, and while most of it still works some of it is broken. Sorry to say, was easy way to create nice DVDs.

I still use it and work around the issues.

You can also burn DVDs from the Finder or Toast Titanium and other apps. These will not have the chapters/navigation and Themes that iDVD did, so not as nice, but will play fine.

Hope this helps, Greg

I used to have Idvd on my laptop, but now it is no longer there. I need it to burn an idvd movie. Where did it go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.