Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Backup Extractor Software

There is software, iPhone Backup Extractor, that was recommended to me by a community member...a 10 star member. My iTunes backup file is corrupted and he suggested I use this software to restore the data. I've asked him, and I'm asking the community...has anyone used this software? Is it legit? Does it work? I don't want to make things worse.

I was having App issues and battery drain issues on my iPhone 6 Plus. I updated to iOS 9.3 but still the same problems. After trying a few things Apple Tech Support told me to do restore the iPhone. Unfortunately, they never cautioned me about the possibility of the Backup File being corrupted and not working. Sadly, that's what happened and I've lost 7 years of photos, contacts, note, text messages, etc.

Any suggestions, comments on iPhone Backup Extractor, etc. are greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 22, 2016 7:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2016 9:56 PM

I personally know nothing about iPhone Backup Extractor.

But clearly Niel is an experienced and trusted member of the Apple Support Communities, so since he suggested it to you here:

Corrupt File Backup

...if you're desperate to get your backed up data and that is your only backup, then you should proceed. The only other option would be to lose your data.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2016 9:56 PM in response to JDiddy100

I personally know nothing about iPhone Backup Extractor.

But clearly Niel is an experienced and trusted member of the Apple Support Communities, so since he suggested it to you here:

Corrupt File Backup

...if you're desperate to get your backed up data and that is your only backup, then you should proceed. The only other option would be to lose your data.

Mar 22, 2016 10:10 PM in response to JDiddy100

I can give you my personal experience in a limited capacity -

The one thing I understood is that IBE works with unencrypted iTunes backups which are intact - so not sure how well it will work on a corrupted backup file

With that disclaimer

I needed something off the phone which was locked by one of my kids as a lark, and as such used the free limited version to run it on the backup on a Windows PC - it gave me what I wanted - again the free version is limited and many features are locked for the paid version

I would contact the developers and ask if the software will work on a backup less than pristine

iPhone Backup Extractor Software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.