Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

itunes doesnt recognize my iphone 6 after 12.3.3 upgrade

After upgrading itunes to 12.3.3, I'm unable to see my iphone to sync it. I'm using Windows 10, and I've gone through all of the steps here - If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support .

Has anyone dealt with this issue successfully?

I did upgrade my iphone 6 to 9.3, but i was able to sync after that.

thanks!

iPhone 6, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 23, 2016 2:41 AM

27 replies

Mar 23, 2016 8:20 AM in response to srshuman

1. Make sure the iOS device is connected to the computer and iTunes is closed.

2. Pleas open Device Manager. : http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/where-is-device-manager(Opens in new window)(Opens in new window)(Opens in new window)(Opens in new window)(Opens in new window)(Opens in new window)(Opens in new window)(Opens in new window)

3. Click on Portable Devices

4. Right-click on the iOS Device

5. Click on Update Device Driver

6. Click on Browse Computer for Driver Software

7. Type the following: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers

8. Click Next

9. Open iTunes and they should see the iOS device in the source list.

Mar 30, 2016 7:25 AM in response to srshuman

The fix worked perfectly for me. I confirm that you must execute the fix more than once if you have different types of devices, for example iPhones and iPads, and perhaps even for different instances of the same type of device. Note that in the Device Manager, the new driver apparently moves the devices from the category Portable Devices to the category Universal Serial Bus controllers.

What a support nightmare!! Hopefully iTunes 12.3.4 will be released soon and can clean up the mess.

itunes doesnt recognize my iphone 6 after 12.3.3 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.