Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music App blank

After upgrading my iPhone 6S to iOS 9.2 (and yesterday to 9.3), my Music App is just a blank screen. I do not get access to stored music. In the setup, the only options I can find is to join Apple Music, which is not of interest to me. I have hundreds of CDs stored on my Mac, and I prefer to copy playlists from there to the phone. Where I live, reception is not good enough to ensure good streaming at all times, and my operator would also charge me extra for this kind of service. I suppose something can be done. My wife's iPhone 6 does not have this problem.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Mar 23, 2016 2:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2016 3:02 PM

Hi Finn R.

I understand your Music app on your iPhone 6s is showing a blank screen and you are not able to access the music you synced from your iTunes Library to your iPhone. The first thing I would suggest is to look at your settings on the iPhone. Tap Settings > Music. Is "Show Apple Music" enabled (green)? If so, turn it off (white).

Next, sign out of the iTunes Store by tapping Settings > iTunes & App Store. Tap on your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

Restart your iPhone, and then sign back in to the iTunes Store.

If you see the "Splash Screen" (the girl with the headphones), at the very bottom of the screen tap "Go To My Music."

You should now see the songs you have synced to your iPhone from your iTunes Library on the Mac.

Finn, if the issue still persists, please reply back to this thread with more information, including any error messages you see, and we'll delve a little further into this for you.

The information above is a quick summary of the more detailed information in these resources for Apple Music and iTunes:

Use Apple Music in the Music app

User uploaded file

Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

iTunes, iBooks, and App Store

1. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. If you see the option to Sign In, you can change your Apple ID now.
  3. Tap Sign Out.

User uploaded file

1. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap Sign In, then enter your Apple ID and password.

User uploaded file

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes using USB

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 24, 2016 3:02 PM in response to Finn R.

Hi Finn R.

I understand your Music app on your iPhone 6s is showing a blank screen and you are not able to access the music you synced from your iTunes Library to your iPhone. The first thing I would suggest is to look at your settings on the iPhone. Tap Settings > Music. Is "Show Apple Music" enabled (green)? If so, turn it off (white).

Next, sign out of the iTunes Store by tapping Settings > iTunes & App Store. Tap on your Apple ID, then tap Sign Out.

Restart your iPhone, and then sign back in to the iTunes Store.

If you see the "Splash Screen" (the girl with the headphones), at the very bottom of the screen tap "Go To My Music."

You should now see the songs you have synced to your iPhone from your iTunes Library on the Mac.

Finn, if the issue still persists, please reply back to this thread with more information, including any error messages you see, and we'll delve a little further into this for you.

The information above is a quick summary of the more detailed information in these resources for Apple Music and iTunes:

Use Apple Music in the Music app

User uploaded file

Sign in with a different Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

iTunes, iBooks, and App Store

1. Tap Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap your Apple ID. If you see the option to Sign In, you can change your Apple ID now.
  3. Tap Sign Out.

User uploaded file

1. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Store.
  2. Tap Sign In, then enter your Apple ID and password.

User uploaded file

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes using USB

Cheers!

Mar 24, 2016 3:11 PM in response to Finn R.

If the steps above do not resolve your issue I would suggest doing a new sync with no music selected. This should remove all previously synced music from your phone. Then do a forced restart and then a new sync again with the CD playlists that you want on your phone.

Forced Restart. Hold down the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons at the same time for about 15-20 seconds until the Apple logo appears. Ignore the "Slide to power off" text if it comes up. You will not lose anything.

Music App blank

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.