Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store Downloads Very Slow

For about the last week, I've noticed that my iOS App Store downloads have become exceedingly slow when connected to my home wifi. This seems to occur only in the evenings during heavy usage periods, but not at all early in the morning or during the day. And they work just fine - very fast - when connected to my carriers cellular network. So, despite 9.3 having just been released, i don't think it's an Apple issue since it works fine via other methods.

Normally, I think this would point so an issue with either my wifi router or my cable modem. However, I don't think that's the case here because if I connect to my home WiFi, then connect to a VPN - download speeds return to normal. So I don't think its either my router or my modem. I thought it might be DNS related, but I've reset those several times as well. It

So what do you guys think? Traffic Shaping from Time Warner?

iPhone 6s, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 23, 2016 8:25 AM

23 replies

Mar 23, 2016 6:12 PM in response to gigemaggie

Well, seems we all have the Time Warner Austin thing in common, so now the question is, who do we talk to at TW to look into it. This is definitely not a front line support kind of issue.

I'm not sure if this has any bearing on what we are seeing, but Level3.net has been getting nailed with denial of service attacks over the past few days. I would think though, if this had anything to do with the level3.net issues, we would be seeing slowness or outages everywhere, not just with Apple.

Mar 23, 2016 6:18 PM in response to CWaffles

I've been tweeting with them. No solution yet. They call back in the AM when I'm not at home or I'm not experiencing the issue. They were supposed to call back this evening but haven't done so yet. Would suggest you context twc help on Twitter.

It actually could be the DDoS attacks on Level3. The success Im having with VPN might support that if I'm getting off their backbone.

Mar 23, 2016 7:36 PM in response to tulanejosh2002

I'm so glad you posted this. I also have TimeWarner in Austin. I noticed this problem all week and then freaked out when I saw how long it would take to update my iPhone. I hope they get this working.

I also noticed some slow playback with youtube on my laptop over wifi. Speedtest showed my connection to be blazing fast, but I couldn't even playback a video at 720p. Same issue maybe?

App Store Downloads Very Slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.