Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is it that lately updates installs updates multiple times?

Why is it that lately Updates installs updates multiple times? So far I have 4 Security Updates 2016-002 listed as being installed and yet its also listed in the available updates section. See image. It's annoying and a pain in the *** to download .5 gigabyte files multiple times to get the update installed.The Updates Installed seem to be incomplete downloads. I don't sit and watch the downloads, but the download finishes a lot faster than the estimated time, and I have a lot of trouble with incomplete downloads.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.5)

Posted on Mar 23, 2016 11:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2016 11:20 AM

Try re-indexing Spotlight.

Spotlight – Re-index

3 replies

Mar 25, 2016 11:28 AM in response to jpfersich

Hold down the option/alt key while going to the  menu. Select System Information. Under Software, see if the update shows there.

If the problem is still there, try booting into the Safe Mode using your normal account. Disconnect all peripherals except those needed for the test. Shut down the computer and then power it back up after waiting 10 seconds. Immediately after hearing the startup chime, hold down the shift key and continue to hold it until the gray Apple icon and a progress bar appear. The boot up is significantly slower than normal. This will reset some caches, forces a directory check, and disables all startup and login items, among other things. When you reboot normally, the initial reboot may be slower than normal. If the system operates normally, there may be 3rd party applications which are causing a problem. Try deleting/disabling the third party applications after a restart by using the application un-installer. For each disable/delete, you will need to restart if you don't do them all at once

Safe Mode - About

Safe Mode - Yosemite

Why is it that lately updates installs updates multiple times?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.