Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Comp 4 won't output files to Source Folder

Despite selecting SOURCE folder (in all of the zillion places that it comes up), Comp 4 sends the files to the MOVIES folder.

Worse, it ignores the name I type in for the file and defaults to FILE NAME FROM FCPX - COMP 4 PRESET NAME (e.g., Robert Campbell - Interview Preset when I want it to output, say, Robert_Campbell_INTERVIEW_032316).

The only way I can get the file name to stay what I type is to create a custom output folder and send everything there. However, I want to send each file to each person's source folder. I tape hundreds of auditions/interviews/Q&As a year, and I'd like them to end up in their source folder, something Comp3 does just fine.

Any thoughts?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 23, 2016 12:18 PM

1 reply

Mar 25, 2016 6:27 AM in response to robertcampbell001

Sorry for the belated response.

If you add a self-contained file from a folder and choose Source as destination, it should save that source file to the same folder from whence it came. If you Send to Compressor, Source will be your Movies folder. As I indicated in another thread, it's been a while since I've used Compressor 3 (and FCP 6), but as I recall that was identical to the behavior in FCS 3 (FCP 7 > Compressor 3.5).

As to your movie author question, this came up within the past week in the FCP X forum. If you do a search, I'm pretty sure that Tom Wolsky described how it can be modified.

Good luck.

Russ

Comp 4 won't output files to Source Folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.