Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hey, i can't see the touch of my friends on apple watch? help plz.

on the digital touch and is necessary to add the address of my friend

Apple Watch, iOS 9.3

Posted on Mar 23, 2016 12:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2016 1:23 PM

Hi - try the following steps.

After pairing Apple Watch with an iPhone, you may need to wait an hour or more before you can receive a Digital Touch.

Otherwise, this checklist aims to address various potential issues, which may also help to resolve or avoid other problems.

• In the Contacts app on your iPhone:
    • Check that the contact card each of your friends contains their iPhone phone number and Apple ID email address.
    • Check that your contact card contains your own Apple ID email address and your iPhone number.
  • On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > in the Contacts section, check that My Info is using your contact card.
  • On your iPhone, go to: Settings > General > Siri > My Info - check that your contact card is selected.
  • Check that you have added each of your friends to the Friends list on your Apple Watch:
    • On your iPhone, in the Watch app: My Watch > Friends.
    • To add more friends: In the Friends list > Add Friend > tap someone in the list of contacts.
    • If someone isn't in the list, open Contacts on your iPhone, add them there, then try again.
  • Delete old iMessage conversations with each of your friends on both your iPhone and Apple Watch:
    • iPhone: Messages app > swipe left on a message thread > delete.
    • Watch: open the Messages app (from the Home screen, which is accessed via single press on the Digital Crown) > swipe left on a message thread > tap on Trash / Delete.
  • Set new Messages conversations to start from your iPhone's phone number:

iPhone: Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > scroll to Start New Conversations From > choose your iPhone phone number.

• Check the email addresses at which you can be reached via iMessage:

iPhone: Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > under You Can Be Reached by iMessage At > enable (with a tick mark) your Apple ID email address (do not enable any others that are not solely yours).

• On your iPhone in the Watch app: My Watch > General > Reset > tap on Reset Sync Data:
    • You will not see anything happen after tapping it (the process runs in the background, invisibly to the user).
    • Wait for a minute or so (to allow contacts data to be erased and replaced on your watch).
  • Disable and re-enable iMessage on your iPhone:

iPhone > Settings > iMessage > toggle off / on again.

• Restart both your iPhone and your watch (turn both off together, then restart your iPhone first):

To turn your watch off: press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider; drag it to turn off. To restart: press and hold the side button until you see the logo.

Also ask your friends to follow the equivalent process.

More information:

Use Digital Touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2016 1:23 PM in response to FahadAyad22

Hi - try the following steps.

After pairing Apple Watch with an iPhone, you may need to wait an hour or more before you can receive a Digital Touch.

Otherwise, this checklist aims to address various potential issues, which may also help to resolve or avoid other problems.

• In the Contacts app on your iPhone:
    • Check that the contact card each of your friends contains their iPhone phone number and Apple ID email address.
    • Check that your contact card contains your own Apple ID email address and your iPhone number.
  • On your iPhone, go to: Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > in the Contacts section, check that My Info is using your contact card.
  • On your iPhone, go to: Settings > General > Siri > My Info - check that your contact card is selected.
  • Check that you have added each of your friends to the Friends list on your Apple Watch:
    • On your iPhone, in the Watch app: My Watch > Friends.
    • To add more friends: In the Friends list > Add Friend > tap someone in the list of contacts.
    • If someone isn't in the list, open Contacts on your iPhone, add them there, then try again.
  • Delete old iMessage conversations with each of your friends on both your iPhone and Apple Watch:
    • iPhone: Messages app > swipe left on a message thread > delete.
    • Watch: open the Messages app (from the Home screen, which is accessed via single press on the Digital Crown) > swipe left on a message thread > tap on Trash / Delete.
  • Set new Messages conversations to start from your iPhone's phone number:

iPhone: Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > scroll to Start New Conversations From > choose your iPhone phone number.

• Check the email addresses at which you can be reached via iMessage:

iPhone: Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > under You Can Be Reached by iMessage At > enable (with a tick mark) your Apple ID email address (do not enable any others that are not solely yours).

• On your iPhone in the Watch app: My Watch > General > Reset > tap on Reset Sync Data:
    • You will not see anything happen after tapping it (the process runs in the background, invisibly to the user).
    • Wait for a minute or so (to allow contacts data to be erased and replaced on your watch).
  • Disable and re-enable iMessage on your iPhone:

iPhone > Settings > iMessage > toggle off / on again.

• Restart both your iPhone and your watch (turn both off together, then restart your iPhone first):

To turn your watch off: press and hold the side button until you see the Power Off slider; drag it to turn off. To restart: press and hold the side button until you see the logo.

Also ask your friends to follow the equivalent process.

More information:

Use Digital Touch - Apple Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.