Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage on my mac

my iMessage used to work on my macbook air and now it just says offline on all of my conversations and none of my messages are being sent to my computer. how can i fix this?

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Mar 23, 2016 2:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 24, 2016 8:52 AM

Check Messages/Preferences/Accounts and make sure enable this account is checked.

2 replies

Mar 24, 2016 1:15 PM in response to alyssamoraa

Hi,

I have several accounts that are Enabled in the Preferences but can be set to Off Line in the Buddy List itself (non iMessages accounts)

That means I see something like this with the Account I an sending from showing in the info.

User uploaded file

The Pic is from a chat with myself (another account I have) so I am also the left hand side of the chat as well.

As people post "iMessages" when the mean the Messages app itself it can be difficult to tell which account people are talking about sometimes.

If It does say "iMessages - Offline" then Eric's answer is more likely as the only way to tell that an iMessages account is logged in is to try sending an iMessage. The only place any sort of hint as to Status is the Text Entry field in this case (or in New Messages the Contact going red when you enter the name).

User uploaded file

8:15 pm Thursday; March 24, 2016

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (El Capitan)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 Mac OS X (10.6.8),
 Couple of iPhones and an iPad

iMessage on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.