Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I get a spinning wheel when signing in to the App Store and iCloud System Prefs. I have an established Apple ID and password. I also just transferred all my docs and apps from an old iMac to a new iMac with OS 10.11.3

I get a spinning wheel when signing in to the App Store and iCloud System Prefs. I have an established Apple ID and password that do work. I also just transferred all my docs and apps from my old iMac (OS 10.9) to a new iMac with OS 10.11.3.

Posted on Mar 23, 2016 4:23 PM

6 replies

Sep 3, 2017 3:29 PM in response to bryndeamer

Linc is no longer posting.

If you have TeamViewer installed, I would remove the app using App Cleaner. This will get all the Launch Agents and Launch daemons that are causing you problems. (Most apps with cleaner in their names can do more harm than good. App Cleaner is specific to the app you want removed.)

Download and run Etrecheck. Copy and paste the results into your reply. Etrecheck is a diagnostic tool recommended by Apple Support personnel.

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

More Info:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-11591

Create a new User in System Preferences you could sign in with your Apple ID and not get problems. It might be easier to do a clean install than clean up your current data.

Sep 3, 2017 2:53 PM in response to Linc Davis

Linc it get different message a couple of time a second - meanwhile my Apple ID password is just spinning away.. Any ideas?

9/3/17 2:50:37.621 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.teamviewer.desktop[74403]) Service could not initialize: Unable to set current working directory. error = 2: No such file or directory, path = /Applications/TeamViewer.app/Contents/Helpers: 15G1611: xpcproxy + 12068 [1343][04735878-FE18-3961-8430-E328A07D7B91]: 0x2

9/3/17 2:51:47.678 PM com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.teamviewer.desktop) Service only ran for 0 seconds. Pushing respawn out by 10 seconds.

Mar 23, 2016 4:40 PM in response to kg56

i don't know if it's Apple or not, but I just did a clean install on 10.11.4 and it took 2 hours to get the computer to log in to iCloud. I still could not get messages to work. No error or anything, it just wouldn't log in (In messages). From Internet accounts it would give an error below the email address about a connectivity problem. I was able to log out and log in with no problem on the Macbook air. I ended up restoring from Time Machine.

Mar 23, 2016 5:40 PM in response to kg56

Please launch the Console application in any one of the following ways:

☞ Enter the first few letters of its name into a Spotlight search. Select it in the results (it should be at the top.)

☞ In the Finder, select Go ▹ Utilities from the menu bar, or press the key combination shift-command-U. The application is in the folder that opens.

☞ Open LaunchPad and start typing the name.

The title of the Console window should be All Messages. If it isn't, select

SYSTEM LOG QUERIES ▹ All Messages

from the log list on the left. If you don't see that list, select

View ▹ Show Log List

from the menu bar at the top of the screen.

Click the Clear Display icon in the toolbar. Then take an action that isn't working the way you expect. Select any lines that appear in the Console window. Copy them to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. Paste into a reply to this message by pressing command-V.

The log contains a vast amount of information, almost all of which is irrelevant to solving any particular problem. When posting a log extract, be selective. A few dozen lines are almost always more than enough.

Please don't indiscriminately dump thousands of lines from the log into this discussion.

Please don't post screenshots of log messages—post the text.

Some private information, such as your name or email address, may appear in the log. Anonymize before posting.

When you post the log extract, you might see an error message on the web page: "You have included content in your post that is not permitted," or "The message contains invalid characters." That's a bug in the forum software. Please post the text on Pastebin, then post a link here to the page you created.

If you have an account on Pastebin, please don't select Private from the Paste Exposure menu on the page, because then no one but you will be able to see it.

Mar 23, 2016 7:51 PM in response to kg56

I've had the same issue yesterday and today. Bought a new Macbook Pro, and when signing into the computer with my Apple ID during setup, it would just spin. So I skipped it, and tried to sign into iCloud after setup. It would let me sign in, but then I just get the spin when trying to do App Store, iTunes, Messages, and FaceTime. For some reason, it works with Photos to get all of my iCloud photos updated though. No idea how to fix this.

I get a spinning wheel when signing in to the App Store and iCloud System Prefs. I have an established Apple ID and password. I also just transferred all my docs and apps from an old iMac to a new iMac with OS 10.11.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.