Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Select emails disappearing from sent folder on iCloud.

I sent a critically important email to a client last night Bcc'd to my manager. I got a phone call from my management firm regarding the email shortly there after so I know at least the Bcc went through. The problem is that this morning there is NO trace what-so-ever of the email on ANY of my devices. Nothing in the sent folder, nothing in draft or the trash (which has not been emptied), nothing comes up under search... it has literally disappeared and this is not the first time this has happened. I logged into iCloud to search there and again, nothing! Very disturbing!! Anyone have any ideas at all?

Posted on Mar 23, 2016 11:25 PM

3 replies

Mar 24, 2016 6:33 AM in response to zinacef

Yeah, I should have mentioned that those were the first two things I tried... both were successfully executed and neither has fixed the problem. I have since found 2 others (in Germany and the US) who are currently having the same issue I am having here(in Tokyo). All with iCloud based mail. Asked a couple of my former co-worker at Apple and no one seems to have an answer.

Apr 28, 2016 1:00 AM in response to wseanzy

I have the same problem and no rebuilding or reindexing helps!

I've had this problem for several months now, and oddly, occasionally the emails will EVENTUALLY reappear without any traceable reason or process.

This is very disturbing.

I know the emails get sent because I get replies. But the very same day I cannot find my original email anymore, not in mail, not in iCloud, not on any of my other devices.

Have you found a solution yet?? I would LOVE to hear it.

Select emails disappearing from sent folder on iCloud.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.