Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

9.3 Your iPad could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable.

Downloaded New software 9.3 on IPhone no problem, for IPad 2 it says: Your IPad could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable.

Tells me to try connecting to ITunes to activate, when I do this, it says Apple does not recognize device. This has been going on for hours. Any clue whats going on?

iPad 2, iOS 9.2.1

Posted on Mar 23, 2016 11:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2016 11:37 PM

This is more likely to happen when a major iOS update has been recently released because so many people are trying to activate at once, and sometimes Apple's servers get overloaded. Try again in a little while, and perhaps a force restart of your iPad would help.

To force restart:

Hold both the home and power buttons at the same time until the Apple boot logo appears.

42 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 23, 2016 11:37 PM in response to Eileencat

This is more likely to happen when a major iOS update has been recently released because so many people are trying to activate at once, and sometimes Apple's servers get overloaded. Try again in a little while, and perhaps a force restart of your iPad would help.

To force restart:

Hold both the home and power buttons at the same time until the Apple boot logo appears.

Mar 24, 2016 7:30 AM in response to sharonfrommanjimup

I Wish that Apple would just make a bloody announcement about it confirming the issue & give us a time frame as to when this ridiculous situation will end! If zi knew it could be finalised in say about 2 days I would be happy with that but they are leaving us dangling! Is this just a way for them to make more money by us just giving up & going out to buy an newer model! Tell you what Apple! After this I will be buying Android tablet next time!

9.3 Your iPad could not be activated because the activation server is temporarily unavailable.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.